2014 Michigan Wine Competition Results
Twenty-five wine experts from around the country gathered August 5 for the 37th annual Michigan Wine Competition. Fifty-one of the state's 107 wineries entered 450 wines for this year's competition. At the end of the day, judges awarded the top "Best of Class" awards to eight wines from a group of 52 gold medal winners, including 10 double gold. The top award-winners are:
- Sparkling: Aurora Cellars 2011 Brut
- Dry White: Blustone Vineyards 2013 Riesling
- Dry Red: Peninsula Cellars 2012 Cabernet Franc
- Semi-dry White: Gill's Pier Vineyard & Winery 2013 Semi-Dry Riesling
- Semi-dry Red: Lawton Ridge Winery 2012 AZO Red
- Dessert: Black Star Farms 2012 Arcturos Winter Harvest Riesling
- Fruit: 45 North Vineyard & Winery Peach Cremant
- Rosé: Chateau de Leelanau 2013 Cabernet Franc Rosé
Cascade Winery - Southwest Michigan
4665 Broadmoor Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Call or check website for hours.
A family-owned winery that produces award-winning wines. Visit our tasting bar where you can sample reds, whites, fruit wine, meads and more. We also offer a wonderful selection of unique gift items, supplies for the home vintner and customized labeling right at the winery. We invite you to visit...
- Wed, Aug 20
Michigan By The Bottle, Michigan wineries partner for second Metro Detroit tasting room
- Mon, Aug 18
Feast on the Flavors of Pure Michigan
- Thu, Aug 14
Mackinaw Trail Strikes Gold!