General Manager-Detroit Vineyards
Detroit Vinyards includes a winery, public and private tasting rooms, wine bar and vineyards. It opened in May 2019 at 1000 Gratiot, near Eastern Market in Detroit. DV produces world class wine, as well as mead and cider. At 15,000 sq ft, it is one of the world s largest urban wineries.
Job Summary: The General Manager will report to the Board and is responsible for leading and managing all operational aspects of the company, which include meeting or exceeding revenue and profit goals, and ensuring employee satisfaction and productivity, as well as product quality and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and reporting P&L monthly to the board
- Managing all the sales channels, including in-house, distribution, private and corporate events, on line sales, out-of-state and international sales
- Managing operations, including bar, tasting room, and production, driving outstanding service culture throughout the winery
- Insuring employee engagement and performance
- Evaluation, hiring and firing of employees
- Safety and security management
- Interacting with patrons and clients to ensure their satisfaction
- Providing sales, financial and marketing data, reports, trends, resources and counsel to the board.
3-5 years minimum experience as General or Associate Manager in the wine business.
Strong knowledge of wine and wine production.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of local market or similar markets. Strong strategic planning and long term
- planning skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong knowledge in sales and revenue management
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the daily operations of the winery
- Ability to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, sales and marketing, and profit/financial control
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience in developing, maintaining and leading strong and effective working teams
- Budget and P&L expertise
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes for maximum operating efficiency
- Ability to evaluate trends, new approaches and practices in order to improve guest and team satisfaction and performance
- Track record in maintaining and improving department profitability
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.