Enologist/Laboratory Technician-St. Julian Winery, Paw Paw
The position requires a self-starting, highly motivated, organized individual with excellent laboratory, computer and interpersonal skills. The enologist/laboratory technician reports directly to the Assistant Winemaker and works with the cellar crew and bottling line to accomplish the daily tasks required to process fruit, ferment and stabilize wine, prepare and bottle juices and wines, and receive and ship bulk juices and wines.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily set-up and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Routine preventative maintenance and calibration on laboratory equipment
- Contribute to and maintain a daily QA/QC program in the lab to ensure data accuracy
- Perform juice and/or wine analysis in a timely fashion. This includes the measurement of
- Set-up various wine/juice bench trials as requested by winemakers, including heat and cold
- Monitor juice tanks bi-weekly for sugar, alcohol and monthly microbiological sampling and
- Prepare and standardize reagents, prepare samples for analysis, set sample priorities, and
- Maintain inventory on all equipment, glassware and chemicals
- Tend to harvest grape receiving and sampling station - this includes weighing/inspecting
- Perform pre-bottling analysis, bottling blend adjustments, perform bottling line QA/QC
- Food Safety Responsibility: Report problems with the food safety management system to
- Perform daily data entry and correction of entered data
- Assist/direct audit process within the winery
- Ability to maintain necessary certifications including PCQI Practitioner
- Participate and manage quarterly trainings
- May be required to supervise and train interns
sugar, specific gravity, density, free and total sulfur, alcohol, titratable acidity, pH, volatile
acidity, turbidity, color, heat and cold stability, sorbic acid, yeast assimilable nitrogen,
residual sugar, and L-malic acid using either automated or bench chemistry analytical
sample prep for off-site analyses
organize work flow
checks and insure fill volumes are within TTB specifications
- Education: Degree in related field preferred or college level courses in chemistry, biology
- Excellent communication skills, time-management, and critical thinking skills are essential
- Good observation and analytical skills
- Ability to reprioritize activities on an ongoing basis depending on changing conditions
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and take direction
- Ability to respond to frequently changing production pressures
- Ability to handle numerous projects in progress at one time
- Ability to work with suppliers and plant personnel to achieve problem resolution in a
- Valid MI Driver License and ability to maintain a clean driving record
and/or food science
- Moderate to heavy physical work, including extensive walking and lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours per day)
- Must comply with all safety equipment requirements including ear plugs and safety glasses
- Exposure to various chemicals in production areas
- Exposure to machinery, forklifts and related production equipment
- Long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts
Please send reumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regulatory Compliance Manager
The Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, all beverage alcohol laws and regulations, and strives to improve policies and processes. Audits all aspects of Site operation, facilities, processes, products and documents for compliance to GMP, SOP and Site requirements, documents the results, resolves any nonconformance and coordinates necessary corrective actions. Coordinates validation of all aspects of Site operation, facilities and processes for compliance to GMP, SOP, and Site requirements.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understand and interpret complex government regulations (EPA, FDA, DEQ, OSHA, MDARD,
- Make all EPA, FDA, DEQ, OSHA, FIRE Dept., MDARD, FSMA reports as required.
- Work with production staff to ensure necessary safety training is received by all employees.
- Manage all quality and government agency audits.
- Maintain, monitor, update, and develop systems to support the company s food safety
- Lead compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), including: Food Safety Plan,
- Preventive Control document reviews, and revision/consolidation/deletion of outdated
- Lead FSMA program compliance and certification (PCQI), and HACCP Program Maintenance.
- Lead local, state, customer/third party, and federal audits and inspections.
- Manage and implement supplier quality and compliance: supplier approval program, supplier
- documentation reviews, raw material issues.
- Work to implement existing Food Safety Systems, and identify opportunities for growth and
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations, serving as
- Oversee Integrated Pest Management program and contract services relationship.
- Provide training to plant personnel, including: Food Safety, cGMP, Sanitation, HACCP, etc.
- Manage document control program.
- Direct and implement the Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Prevention and Investigation: Investigate customer complaints, analysis and trending of
- Manage internal self-audit program.
- Ensures that proper sanitation procedures are used and that adequate sanitation tests are
- Monitor industry & regulatory updates, trends, and news to keep the company informed &
- Responsible for keeping and submitting required records to regulatory agencies in a timely
- Assist in designing and implementing improvements in communication, monitoring, or
- Manage COLA submissions for all labels with TTB and amendments as necessary.
- Process label revisions internally or with outside compliance agency for Wholesale and DTC
- Manage FDA registrations for all locations.
- Manage additions to Trade Names to Federal Basic Permit.
- Process TTB 5120 Reporting and excise tax reporting " monthly/quarterly/annually as r
- File company Federal and State Excise Tax Reports semi-monthly/monthly as required.
- Communicate with outside compliance agency, clients and governmental agencies to obtain
- Bachelor s Degree or minimum 3 years compliance industry experience.
- Experience interpreting complex rules and regulations.
- Must be familiar with local and national regulatory agencies pertaining to the business,
- Ability to communicate well with management and government officials to determine
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple high-importance projects
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills, verbal, written, and presentation. Effective writer with strong
- Thrives well under pressure and in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to effectively establish priorities and meet deadlines.
adviser on projects and day-to-day plant operations.
complaint data, lead root cause analysis and development of corrective and preventive
performed; provides troubleshooting support as needed.
ahead of the curve.
enforcement of compliance standards.
information and navigate compliance regulations.
including but not limited to, DEQ, FDA, EPA, OSHA, FSMA, MDARD.
sense of grammar.
please send resumes to email@example.com.